Chau Doc is a bustling Delta town on the banks of the Mekong River close to the Cambodian border. It is dominated by the towering Sam Mountain, one of few areas of significant topography in the delta.
The river here is a hive of activity with vast numbers of boats of all shapes and sizes constantly passing by. The town also has an interesting little square where you can try the superb local noodle soup day and night.
The central market is also worth a look, as it is full of fresh produce brought in from the surrounding fertile lands.
Suggested itineraries featuring Chau Doc
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Chau Doc, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Chau Doc
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Chau Doc
- Cai Be 97 kilometers away
- Can Tho 104 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 105 kilometers away
- Phu Quoc 133 kilometers away
- Saigon 174 kilometers away
- Cat Tien National Park 249 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 275 kilometers away
- Mui Ne & Phan Thiet 328 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 388 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 388 kilometers away
- Dalat 389 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 478 kilometers away
Photos of Chau Doc
Accommodation choices for Chau Doc
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Chau Doc. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.