Visit Mui Ne & Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Only four hours from Saigon, on glorious unspoiled stretches of sand are the small coastal villages of Mui Ne and Phan Thiet. These are also some of the driest places in Vietnam, as illustrated by the sand dunes here, baking hot in the midday sun.
Mui Ne receives sun for almost the entire year making it ideal as a beach break from the humidity of Saigon or the Delta. A range of charming small properties and luxury boutique hotels line the white-sand peninsula offering accommodation to suit a variety of budgets.
Phan Thiet is traditionally renowned for the production of fish sauce used in local cuisine. It's also the gateway to the idyllic Mui Ne Peninsula, which stretches out into the South China Sea and is notable for its small fishing villages, palm shaded lanes and stunning red sand dunes. The peninsula is easily explored on foot or by bicycle (these can be hired locally). Alternatively, you may just want to relax on the beach. The area also has a superb new 18 hole golf course.
Map of Mui Ne & Phan Thiet
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Mui Ne & Phan Thiet
- Cat Tien National Park 112 kilometers away
- Dalat 119 kilometers away
- Saigon 155 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 190 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 195 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 196 kilometers away
- Cai Be 245 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 273 kilometers away
- Can Tho 273 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 298 kilometers away
- Chau Doc 328 kilometers away
- Qui Nhon 340 kilometers away
- Kon Tum 382 kilometers away
- Phu Quoc 457 kilometers away
Photos of Mui Ne & Phan Thiet
Accommodation choices for Mui Ne & Phan Thiet
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Mui Ne & Phan Thiet. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This Anantara property was established as the first luxury five star resort along Mui Ne beach. The 89 rooms, villas and suites are set within tropical gardens and offer views of the sea or lagoon.