Cai Be is a small town on the northern side of My Thuan Bridge, located two hours from Ho Chi Minh City, and the gateway to Vinh Long province and the whole of the Mekong Delta.
There is a bustling floating retail market here ideally explored by sampan before midday.
There are also some old houses in Dong Hoa Hiep Commune, Cai Be. Best preserved ones include Ba Duc Old House, Cai Huy Old House and Anh Kiet Old House. They were built in old architecture typical in the region. Some were restored under the cooperation program of the Vietnamese government and the Japan International Cooperation Agency, JICA.
Many of the small boats that cruise through the Mekong Delta start from here, and there is a thriving dockland area.
Suggested itineraries featuring Cai Be
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Cai Be, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Cai Be
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cai Be
- Can Tho 45 kilometers away
- Mekong Delta 45 kilometers away
- Ho Chi Minh City 87 kilometers away
- Chau Doc 109 kilometers away
- Cat Tien National Park 183 kilometers away
- Con Dao Islands 193 kilometers away
- Phu Quoc 225 kilometers away
- Mui Ne & Phan Thiet 236 kilometers away
- Dalat 318 kilometers away
- Central Highlands 340 kilometers away
- Buon Ma Thuot 341 kilometers away
- Nha Trang 406 kilometers away