Buon Ma Thuot is the largest town in the western highlands and is the gateway to Yok Don National Park.
Due to its lower elevation the climate is warmer and more humid than Dalat and the French, during the colonial times, saw its agricultural potential and the town developed on the back of coffee, tea and rubber plantations.
Buon Ma Thuot is a stopover destination between Kon Tum and Dalat.
Activities in and around Buon Ma Thuot
Whilst you would mainly use the area as a stopover destination between Kon Tum and Dalat, the city boasts a fantastic Ethnology Museum. You should also visit one of the area’s coffee plantations too.
Map of Buon Ma Thuot
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Buon Ma Thuot
- Central Highlands less than 5 miles away
- Dalat 58 miles away
- Nha Trang 84 miles away
- Cat Tien National Park 100 miles away
- Qui Nhon 111 miles away
- Kon Tum 116 miles away
- Mui Ne & Phan Thiet 122 miles away
- Ho Chi Minh City 161 miles away
- Cai Be 212 miles away
- Hoi An 222 miles away
- Bho Hoong 227 miles away
- Can Tho 239 miles away
- Mekong Delta 239 miles away
- Chau Doc 242 miles away
- Bach Ma National Park 243 miles away
- Lang Co 247 miles away
- Hue 265 miles away
- Con Dao Islands 293 miles away