Visit Charlotte, Deep South
Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city, is a modern metropolis lying close the state border. A major financial centre, it offers a wide variety of shops and restaurants.
Charlotte, Deep South
Charlotte, North Carolina's largest city, is a modern metropolis lying close the state border.
An affluent kind of place, Charlotte is a major financial centre and the downtown areas of Tryon Street and Independence Square offer a wide variety of shops and restaurants.
The city's attractions include Discovery Place, a science museum for children, the Mint Museum of Craft and Design, the Mint Museum of Art and the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
Suggested Charlotte itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Charlotte, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Charlotte
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Charlotte
- Winston Salem 112 kilometers away
- Asheville 161 kilometers away
- Raleigh 209 kilometers away
- Cherokee 227 kilometers away
- Roanoke 242 kilometers away
- Charleston 286 kilometers away
- Wilmington 288 kilometers away
- Savannah 351 kilometers away
- Atlanta 365 kilometers away
- Charlottesville 377 kilometers away
- Richmond 400 kilometers away
- Williamsburg 436 kilometers away
- Lexington 454 kilometers away
- Jekyll Island 466 kilometers away
- Front Royal 474 kilometers away
- Virginia Beach 474 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Charlotte
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Charlotte. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.