Cruise Ships in Australia : True North
Purpose built to explore the upper reaches of shallow river systems, True North allows passengers to experience wilderness areas in comfort. With a capacity of just 36 passengers the ship has the feel of an exclusive hotel, while the on-board helicopter provides scenic rides over coastal and Outback scenery.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
The emphasis of each True North cruise is on experiencing the destination, and there are plenty of activities, both on shore and in the water, to really get to know the regions of Australian wilderness you’ll be visiting. You’ll be taken in expedition vehicles in small groups to explore lesser-visited areas that are of particular interest to you. As there are multiple expedition vehicles, there’s a lot of flexibility when it comes to deciding what to do and when, adding to the laid-back atmosphere on board. You could be snorkeling, fishing, diving, mud crabbing, hiking, taking scenic helicopter flights and listening to lectures by on-board naturalists.
The crew of 20 provide a highly personal service to each guest. When you’re not out exploring, you can relax on the sun deck or enjoy a refreshing drink at the bar.
Cabins are modern in their décor, featuring large en suites. Explorer Class staterooms and River Class cabins offer king size beds that can be converted into two singles, large windows and around 15 square metres of living space. Ocean Class cabins feature twin beds, porthole windows and around 12 square metres of living space.
- Lower deck dining room with panoramic windows, serving modern Australian fine dining cuisine using locally sourced ingredients
- Al fresco bar
- Southern Safari (8 nights) Adelaide—Ceduna—Adelaide
- Adventure South West (7 nights) Perth—Esperance—Perth
- Kimberley Wildness Cruise (7, 10 & 13 nights) Broome—Wyndham
- Coral Atoll Cruise (5 nights) Broome-Rowley Shoals—Broome
- Sydney Rocks (4 nights) Sydney—Hawkesbury River—Sydney
Our specialists suggest:
Our 16-day "Cruising the Kimberley onboard the True North" itinerary, from $17,315pp.
- Fishing with the chef
- Presentations by the on board naturalist
- Sun deck
- Forward observation lounge
- Ship's lounge
- Sports deck
- Internet café
- Six passenger helicopter
- Complimentary fishing equipment
- Complimentary snorkeling and diving equipment (some may need to be purchased on board)