Purpose built to explore the upper reaches of shallow river systems, True North allows passengers to experience wilderness areas in comfort. With a capacity of just 36 passengers the ship has the feel of an exclusive hotel, while the on board helicopter provides exhilarating rides over wonderful scenery.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
The emphasis of each True North cruise is on ‘experiencing the destination’ and there are plenty of excursions, both on shore and in the water to really get to know the region. You’ll be taken in expedition vehicles in small groups to explore lesser-visited areas that are of particular interest to you. As there are multiple expedition vehicles, it provides guests with the flexibility of deciding what activity to do and when, adding to the laid-back atmosphere on board. Excursions may include diving and snorkeling through coral reefs, gliding above volcanoes by helicopter, visiting stilted villages and browsing local markets.
The crew of 20 provide a highly personalised service to each guest, who will find plenty to do both on board and on shore, from relaxing on the sun deck or enjoying a refreshing drink at the bar to meeting the locals and learning about their fascinating cultures.
Cabins are modern in their decor, featuring large en suites. Explorer Class staterooms and River Class cabins offer king size beds that can be converted into two singles, large windows and around 15 square meters of living space. Ocean Class cabins feature twin beds, porthole windows and around 12 square meters of living space.
- Lower deck dining room with panoramic windows, serving modern Australian fine dining cuisine using locally sourced ingredients
- Alfresco bar
- Southern Safari (8 nights) Adelaide—Ceduna—Adelaide
- Adventure South West (7 nights) Perth—Esperance—Perth
- Kimberley Wildness Cruise (7, 10 & 13 nights) Broome—Wyndham
- Coral Atoll Cruise (5 nights) Broome—Rowley Shoals—Broome
- Sydney Rocks (4 nights) Sydney—Hawkesbury River—Sydney
Please note: All cruises are accessed by private charter flights from Cairns, Australia.
Our specialists suggest:
Our 16-day "Cruising the Kimberley onboard the True North" itinerary, from $18,800pp.
- Fishing with the chef
- Presentations by the on board naturalist
- Sun deck
- Forward observation lounge
- Ship's lounge
- Sports deck
- Internet café
- Six passenger helicopter
- Complimentary fishing equipment
- Complimentary snorkeling and diving equipment (some may need to be purchased on board)