Anantara The Palm
Located on the outer rim of Dubai’s artificial archipelago, Anantara the Palm Dubai Resort offers an indulgent, family-friendly retreat from the bustle of the main areas, and is home to the city’s only overwater bungalows. Boasting a distinctly Thai aesthetic, the sprawling resort is comprised of low red-roofed buildings that cluster around swirling lagoons and a long stretch of private beach, all shaded by plentiful palm trees. The facilities were designed for families, with clubs for children and teens and a wealth of water-based activities. Adults, meanwhile, can enjoy an opulent spa.
The Southeast Asian decor is also present throughout the resort’s interiors, with dark-wood floors, crisp white linens and low, clean lines. You can choose to stay in a room or suite that has direct access to the lagoon, a private pool or even a glass viewing panel in the floor, so you can glimpse the sea life below. Continuing with the child-friendly theme, you can opt for adjoining rooms, villas with multiple bedrooms or even a self-contained apartment. There’s also a wide range of dining options, from custom culinary journeys for two to an Australian-themed barbecue.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Anantara The Palm
We find this resort is an excellent option for a quiet retreat. It's particularly good for families, thanks to its wealth of activities, private beach and huge series of lagoon-like pools.
The low-rise hotel has distinctly Thai styling, inside and out, including in the rooms, villas and apartments. All accommodation options boast dark-wood floors and furniture, textured walls and headboards, bright-white linens and a private balcony. En suites are airy and sleekly modern. Wi-Fi and the usual amenities are all standard.
The spacious rooms come in several varieties, including some with terraces that allow you to step directly into the central lagoon. Villas are even more generously sized, and include overwater options that have glass viewing panels in the floor. Others have private pools and direct access to the private beach. Apartments, which include full kitchens and private terraces, offer city views and either one or two bedrooms
Perched on one of the outer curves of the Palm Jumeirah islands (Dubai’s man-made archipelago), this resort is away from the noise and bustle of the main malls and attractions, making it a good choice for families who want a quiet retreat. If you decide to leave the hotel, it’s a short five-minute drive to Dolphin Bay and Aquaventure, also located on the Palm Jumeirah. You can get to the city’s shopping malls in about 15 minutes, or to the ice rink in 30 minutes.
Food and drink
- The poolside Mai Bar offers tropical cocktails, chilled prosecco and nibbles on a shaded pagoda
- Revo Café serves coffees and smoothies throughout the day
- Mekong’s menu fuses Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine — the fanciful decor includes seats that look like rickshaws
- The Beach House menu features Mediterranean dining in a casual, beachside setting
- Gulf views, modern Asian decor, an extensive wine and cocktail menu and a lively atmosphere are found at the Lotus Lounge
- Breakfast is served alfresco at Crescendo’s poolside terrace — both à la carte and buffet options are available
- Bushman’s Restaurant and Bar serves Outback cuisine in an Australian-themed setting
- Inter-connecting rooms and multi-room villas available
- Children’s club
- Teens’ club
- Pools with lifeguards
Facilities and activities
- Spa with 24 treatment rooms and five couples' suites
- Hammam facilities for women, men and couples
- A large menu of treatment options
- Many pools, including a large central infinity pool and a Jacuzzi with views over the gulf
- Water sports including kayaking, wakeboarding, paddle boarding and waterskiing
- Fishing and charter cruises
- Premier Lagoon Access Rooms are wheelchair-friendly, with roll-in showers
- Elevators throughout the resort
Tour ideas in Dubai
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Anantara The Palm as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
DubaiView this tour