Only 45 minutes from the ornate temple complex at Khajuraho, Panna National Park is one of the country's most accessible tiger sanctuaries; however this accessibility has inherent risks for the iconic tiger.
An expanding human population and continued high demand for tiger parts in traditional medicines meant that the park had lost all of its own tigers by June 2009. Two tigers have been moved here from other parks, but sightings are rare.
However, Panna also hosts a variety of other animals. Leopard, like tiger, are adept at avoiding human contact but their prey species are not so reticent. Chital and sambar deer graze the grasslands while langur monkeys keep watch from the forest canopy.
Map of Panna National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Panna National Park
- Khajuraho 18 miles away
- Bandhavgarh National Park 91 miles away
- Orchha 102 miles away
- Gwalior 161 miles away
- Kanha National Park 165 miles away
- Chambal Sanctuary 176 miles away
- Satpura National Park 183 miles away
- Varanasi 193 miles away
- Pench Tiger Reserve 200 miles away
- Agra 218 miles away
- Fatehpur Sikri 227 miles away
- Ramathra 235 miles away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 240 miles away
- Ranthambhore National Park 242 miles away
- Bundi 282 miles away
- Bhainsrorgarh 282 miles away