Celebrating the Indonesian maritime tradition of boatbuilding, the Katharina has been hand-crafted using locally sourced hardwoods. In 2014, the yacht was refit to create a series of stylishly comfortable living spaces while carefully conserving its heritage, and is now an elegant way to explore some of Indonesia’s remote islands. With just six cabins and a knowledgeable, all-Indonesian crew, it offers an intimate and authentic experience.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
A comfortable way to explore more remote areas of Indonesia, the Katharina is an elegant two-masted schooner that runs cruises from Bali to Komodo from March to September. In the winter months, the vessel heads further afield to the eastern islands, a less visited part of Indonesia.
Hand-built by Indonesian craftsmen, and fully laid out in tropical hardwood with traditional rigging, the Katharina offers comfort for cruising the Indonesian archipelago.
Six en suite cabins are set below deck, and while they don’t have any portholes, they provide a relaxing private retreat from a day’s exploration. The boat also boasts an alfresco dining area where locally sourced meals are served. The highlight is the large top deck, with comfortable deck chairs and loungers to enjoy the scenery.
The six cabins are furnished with wooden fittings and a small en suite, and decorated with locally sourced textiles. Twin or double bed configurations are available, as well as two triple cabins with an additional single upper bunk that’s great for children.
- Meals are served on the top deck outdoor dining area.
- Food is locally sourced where possible, and can include vegetarian, vegan, and children's meals on request.
- Bali to Komodo cruises that range from 4 – 7-night routes.
- 9-night cruise from Komodo to Maumere.
- 11-night orangutan-focused round trip from Bali to Bali.
- 11-night cruise from Maumere to Ambon.
- 9-night cruise from Ternate to Sorong.
- 9-night round trip from Sorong – Sorong.
- A variety of water sports including snorkeling, kayaking, and paddle boarding.
- Onshore excursions including guided hikes and visits to remote towns and villages.
- Opportunities to wildlife spot from the deck.
- Saloon and bar, stocked with games.
- Outdoor dining area.
- Rooftop lounge with deck loungers to relax on during the day.
- Laundry service.