Chelinda Lodge is nestled in a pine forest with views at nearly 2,400 meters over the rolling high plateau that lie in front of you, where often eland, zebra and roan antelope graze.
The lodge has eight luxury pine chalets (six twin/double and one family two-bedroom chalet), with comfortable seating area around a cozy log fire, which is perfect in the cold winter months. Complete with upstairs seating and outside viewing deck, the lodge offers excellent comfort, relaxation, and delicious food.
The Nyika Plateau follows seasonal patterns of wildlife, so depending when you are traveling you may be able to view the rare orchids, over 400 bird species and even Nyika's famous leopard. Activities on offer include games drives (please note this is not a Big Five destination), mountain biking, fishing and guided walks.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Chelinda Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Nyika Plateau and nearby places
- Vwaza Marsh 40 miles away
- The Northern Lakeshore 62 miles away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 71 miles away
- Lake Malawi 83 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 120 miles away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 163 miles away
- Lilongwe 234 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 248 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 316 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 347 miles away