Chelinda Lodge is nestled in a pine forest with views at nearly 2,400 meters over the rolling high plateau that lie in front of you, where often eland, zebra and roan antelope graze.
The lodge has eight luxury pine chalets (six twin/double and one family two-bedroom chalet), with comfortable seating area around a cozy log fire, which is perfect in the cold winter months. Complete with upstairs seating and outside viewing deck, the lodge offers excellent comfort, relaxation, and delicious food.
The Nyika Plateau follows seasonal patterns of wildlife, so depending when you are traveling you may be able to view the rare orchids, over 400 bird species and even Nyika's famous leopard. Activities on offer include games drives (please note this is not a Big Five destination), mountain biking, fishing and guided walks.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Chelinda Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Nyika Plateau and nearby places
- Vwaza Marsh 64 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 99 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 114 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 133 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 192 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 262 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 377 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 399 kilometers away
- Liwonde National Park 509 kilometers away
- Zomba Plateau 559 kilometers away