Zomba is a magnificent table-top mountain covered with forests, streams and waterfalls.
Activities around Zomba Plateau
It overshadows the old colonial town of Zomba, formerly the capital of Malawi. The top of the plateau stands at over 1,800 meters with sharp edges which drop away dramatically to the valley below. Visitors staying on the plateau can enjoy walking and cycling along the woodland paths to waterfalls and streams where you can try a spot of fishing.
The plateau is also the perfect base from which to explore Zomba Town, which aside from its faded colonial splendor has a bustling market full of local produce.
Map of Zomba Plateau
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Zomba Plateau
- Liwonde National Park 55 kilometers away
- Thyolo Region 79 kilometers away
- Majete Wildlife Reserve 95 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 161 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 229 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 305 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 376 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 428 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 454 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 463 kilometers away
Photos of Zomba Plateau
Accommodation choices for Zomba Plateau
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Zomba Plateau. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.