Visit Viphya Forest Mountains, Malawi
Running along the middle of north-central Malawi, the Viphya Plateau, or Viphya Mountains as the area is also known, is a highland area consisting rolling hills and river valleys interspersed with rocky peaks climbing above the hills.
Most of the area is either pine plantation or dense bush adding to the dramatic scenery. The area lends itself to hiking and there is a good network of trails to be followed. There is some game around and you are likely to see duiker and bushpigs and there are also leopard.
Viphya would specifically appeal to birders and there is an abundance of birdlife to be seen.
Map of Viphya Forest Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Viphya Forest Mountains
- The Northern Lakeshore 61 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 61 kilometers away
- Vwaza Marsh 73 kilometers away
- Nyika Plateau 107 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 118 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 152 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 265 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 294 kilometers away
- Liwonde National Park 406 kilometers away
- Zomba Plateau 454 kilometers away