Visit Viphya Forest Mountains, Malawi
Viphya Forest Mountains, Malawi
Running along the middle of north-central Malawi, the Viphya Plateau, or Viphya Mountains as the area is also known, is a highland area consisting rolling hills and river valleys interspersed with rocky peaks climbing above the hills.
Most of the area is either pine plantation or dense bush adding to the dramatic scenery. The area lends itself to hiking and there is a good network of trails to be followed, there is some game around and you are likely to see duiker and bushpigs and there are leopard.
Viphya would specifically appeal to birders and there is an abundance of birdlife to be seen.
Map of Viphya Forest Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Viphya Forest Mountains
- The Northern Lakeshore 38 miles away
- Lake Malawi 38 miles away
- Vwaza Marsh 46 miles away
- Nyika Plateau 66 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 74 miles away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 94 miles away
- Lilongwe 165 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 183 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 252 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 282 miles away