Visit the Northern Lakeshore, Malawi
The Northern Lakeshore is characterised by scattered villages, golden beaches and small coves.
The attractive shoreline has seen several lodges spring up and there are some excellent options for visitors looking for a few days of relaxation as part of their trip to Malawi.
The drive from Lilongwe to the Northern Lakeshore takes about five hours and you may like to break up the journey with a stop-off at Nkhotakota Pottery. Here you can watch the skilled potters in the workshop, buy examples of their craft and have a cup of coffee in the pretty café overlooking the Lake.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip to the Northern Lakeshore by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- 01993 838 540
- Make an enquiry
Map of the Northern Lakeshore
Places & hotels on the map
Places near the Northern Lakeshore
- Lake Malawi 22 miles away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 38 miles away
- Nyika Plateau 57 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 59 miles away
- Vwaza Marsh 60 miles away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 110 miles away
- Lilongwe 183 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 189 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 256 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 288 miles away