The Thyolo Region in southern Malawi is an area of fertile land where much of the country’s produce is grown.
The landscape is dominated by vibrant green tea estates which contrast with beautiful purple jacaranda trees. In the heart of this region is Malawi’s highest peak, Mount Mulanje, which rises to over 3,000 meters. The foothills of the mountain are covered in estates, woodlands and rivers and form a beautiful area ideal for keen walkers.
There are not many accommodation options but a good alternative for visitors is to stay at one of the tea estates in a simple guesthouse.
Map of Thyolo Region
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Thyolo Region
- Majete Wildlife Reserve 60 kilometers away
- Zomba Plateau 79 kilometers away
- Liwonde National Park 133 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 231 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 276 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 369 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 449 kilometers away
Photos of Thyolo Region
Accommodation choices for Thyolo Region
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Thyolo Region. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.