The Ku Chawe Inn is high up on the Zomba Plateau with commanding views of the valley below. It is about a 20-minute drive outside Zomba town up a steep and winding road, surrounded by dense woodland. The brick built low-rise hotel is always a pleasant surprise as you turn the final corner.
The hotel has both an indoor and outdoor eating area and meals are à la carte although the evening meal is sometimes buffet style. There is also a bar with a huge central fireplace (please remember at this altitude it gets quite chilly in the evening). Other facilities include a small curio shop, attractive gardens and even a small petting zoo with rabbits, goats and other animals. Activities here involve strolling through the woodland following the trails, mountain biking or simply relaxing in the cool mountain air.
The guest rooms (totaling 40) are spacious and comfortable with TV, telephone, twin or double beds, coffee and tea, a small sitting area, en suite facilities, a balcony and your own log fireplace. Simply call to reception and they send someone to make your fire up for you.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Ku Chawe Inn
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Zomba Plateau and nearby places
- Liwonde National Park 52 kilometers away
- Thyolo Region 81 kilometers away
- Majete Wildlife Reserve 96 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 158 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 226 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 303 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 374 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 425 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 452 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 461 kilometers away