Visit Arrowtown, New Zealand
This beautifully preserved gold-mining town is just 20 miles from Queenstown and shares its dramatic backdrop, but the pace of life slows down considerably in the quiet streets, lined with deciduous trees, sheltering wooden churches and colonial buildings.
At one end of the Main Street are restored shops, while at the other, tiny stone miners’ cottages date back to the 1860s.
Map of Arrowtown
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Arrowtown
- Queenstown 11 miles away
- Lake Wanaka 23 miles away
- Glenorchy 24 miles away
- Milford Sound 49 miles away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 64 miles away
- Haast & Lake Moeraki 74 miles away
- Twizel 79 miles away
- Doubtful Sound 95 miles away
- Dunedin 104 miles away
- Lake Tekapo 104 miles away
- Mount Cook National Park 105 miles away
- The Otago Peninsula 110 miles away
- The Catlins 114 miles away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 118 miles away
- Stewart & Ulva Islands 147 miles away
- Hokitika 187 miles away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 194 miles away
- Christchurch 213 miles away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 219 miles away
- Punakaiki 233 miles away
- Hanmer Springs 261 miles away
- Kaikoura 300 miles away
Photos of Arrowtown
Accommodation choices for Arrowtown
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Arrowtown. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Arrowtown House B&B has beautifully furnished self-contained suites, complete with all facilities, and is Just a short stroll from the shops, art galleries and cafes of Arrowtown itself.