Visit Picton, New Zealand
Picton comes to life during New Zealand’s summer months as many visitors pass through on their journey from the North Island. The hustle and bustle dies down during the winter although the Interislander ferry still ships people across the Cook Strait on a regular basis.
Although normally seen in passing, Picton is actually a sweet, characterful town offering a great deal to those who choose to stay for a few nights.
As well as all the activities in the Sounds, Picton boasts a variety of busy cafés and good restaurants, and enjoys pretty countryside surroundings.
Suggested itineraries featuring Picton
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Picton, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Picton
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Picton
- Marlborough Sounds 11 miles away
- Blenheim 16 miles away
- Nelson 38 miles away
- Wellington 41 miles away
- The Kapiti Coast 60 miles away
- Abel Tasman National Park 61 miles away
- Martinborough 76 miles away
- Greytown 78 miles away
- Kaikoura 79 miles away
- Wairarapa & surrounds 79 miles away
- Collingwood & Farewell Spit 82 miles away
- Kahurangi National Park 84 miles away
- Hanmer Springs 105 miles away
- Whanganui National Park 109 miles away
- Punakaiki 149 miles away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 155 miles away
- Tongariro National Park 165 miles away
- Arthur's Pass National Park 170 miles away
- Christchurch 170 miles away
- Akaroa & Banks Peninsula 182 miles away
- Hokitika 185 miles away
- Hastings 189 miles away
- Hawke's Bay 197 miles away
- Napier 198 miles away
- Lake Taupo 211 miles away
- Waitomo 218 miles away
- Rotorua 249 miles away
- Fox & Franz Josef Glaciers 253 miles away
- Lake Tekapo 260 miles away
- Mount Cook National Park 261 miles away
- Waikato 274 miles away
- Tauranga 275 miles away
- Bay of Plenty 277 miles away
- Eastland & Gisborne 281 miles away
- Twizel 286 miles away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 299 miles away
Accommodation choices for Picton
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Picton. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Picton
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Picton, and which use the best local guides.