Newport, a pleasant little town with a rich maritime heritage, is located right on Oregon's Pacific coast.
This working port has a delightful waterfront where, among the shops, art galleries and seafood restaurants, hordes of sea lions rest on the wharves.
Close by lies lovely Nye Beach, a quiet oceanside gem, while to the south of the town, the Oregon Aquarium is home to sea otters, seals, tufted puffins as well as a shark-filled underwater tunnel.
Nearby Yaquina Head is an outstanding scenic area with a marine biology centre, lighthouse and man made tide pools constructed from a former quarry.
Map of Newport, Oregon
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Newport, Oregon
- Cannon Beach 87 miles away
- Portland 91 miles away
- Bend (Sisters) 127 miles away
- Mount St. Helens 141 miles away
- Crater Lake National Park 155 miles away
- Oregon 178 miles away
- Mount Rainier National Park 194 miles away
- Quinault 196 miles away
- Crescent City 200 miles away
- Seattle 222 miles away
- Lake Crescent 238 miles away
- Port Angeles 243 miles away
- Trinidad 248 miles away
- Eureka 266 miles away
- Washington State 277 miles away
Photos of Newport, Oregon
Accommodation choices for Newport, Oregon
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Newport, Oregon. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.