Visit Jodhpur, India
Set on a steep rocky outcrop, Jodhpur's fort provides an outstanding vantage point overlooking the sprawling blue and whitewashed houses scattered below.
The Meherangarh Fort, or 'Majestic Fort', is one of the most impressive in Rajasthan.
Lining the ramp climbing up to the fort are a number of enormous stone gateways, the last of which shows the hand prints of the royal satis, the former wives of the Maharajas who jumped onto their husband's funeral pyres before the British outlawed the practice.
In the shadow of the fort, Jodhpur's colorful and vibrant market is an atmospheric collection of bustling stalls selling leather goods, spices and silks.
A few hours wandering provides a vivid insight into the daily life of Jodhpur's residents and may result in some interesting souvenirs.
Suggested itineraries featuring Jodhpur
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Jodhpur, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Jodhpur
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Jodhpur
- Rohet 40 kilometers away
- Chanoud 86 kilometers away
- Nimaj 99 kilometers away
- Chhatra Sagar 102 kilometers away
- Narlai 121 kilometers away
- Nagaur 123 kilometers away
- Deogarh 124 kilometers away
- Pokaran 132 kilometers away
- Kumbalgarh 140 kilometers away
- Pushkar 154 kilometers away
- Barli 173 kilometers away
- Devigarh 176 kilometers away
- Mount Abu 193 kilometers away
- Bikaner 194 kilometers away
- Udaipur 204 kilometers away
- Shahpura 205 kilometers away
- Jaisalmer 222 kilometers away
- Chittorgarh 226 kilometers away
- Bundi 279 kilometers away
- Dungapur 282 kilometers away
- Jaipur 284 kilometers away
- Bhainsrogarh 294 kilometers away
- Samode 295 kilometers away
- Ranthambhore National Park 348 kilometers away
- Ahmedabad 366 kilometers away
- Ramathra 373 kilometers away
- Little Rann of Kutch National Park 407 kilometers away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 455 kilometers away
- Fatehpur Sikri 469 kilometers away
Photos of Jodhpur
Accommodation choices for Jodhpur
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Jodhpur. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Raas perfectly blends old and new, with parts of it dating back to the late 18th century and its rooms housed in modern buildings. Situated beside Jodhpur’s incredible Mehrangarh Fort, it’s ideally placed for exploring the Blue City’s many attractions.
Dating to the 19th century, Pal Haveli served as a family home for many years and retains its homely ambiance. Its intimate size means you feel truly welcomed as a member of the household, and its central location makes it ideal for exploring Jodhpur’s old city.
Designed by the British Institute of Architects, this fantastic palace is set in enormous grounds.
This friendly guest house is owned and run by a family of polo enthusiasts whose memorabilia fills the drawing room.
Formerly the palace of the Maharaja of Jodhpur's younger brother, the Ajit Bhawan was one of the first concept heritage hotels.
Ideas for experiencing Jodhpur
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Jodhpur, and which use the best local guides.
Experience a typical Rajasthani meal with a local family in their home. You will be able to get involved and will be given the recipe to take away with you.