Once a commercial center along the trade route to Tibet, Bandipur is a beautiful town situated at around 1,000 meters on a ridge part way between Kathmandu and Pokhara.
It is a fantastic example of traditional Newari culture, and the town itself seems completely untouched by modernization.
The hilltop town not only overlooks the incredible expanse of the Marsyangdi river valley, but also offers a breathtaking sweep of the Himalayan range.
Apart from the beautiful views the town has some wonderful 18th-century architecture, numerous temples and wonderful opportunities to witness daily community life.
Suggested itinerary featuring Bandipur
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Bandipur, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Bandipur
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bandipur
- Seti River 9 kilometers away
- Kurintar 23 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 51 kilometers away
- Pokhara 51 kilometers away
- Tanchock 66 kilometers away
- Birethanti 67 kilometers away
- Dhampus 67 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 76 kilometers away
- Annapurna 80 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 94 kilometers away
- Kathmandu Valley 102 kilometers away
- Terai 105 kilometers away
- Bhaktapur 106 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 113 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 119 kilometers away
- Lumbini 123 kilometers away
- Bardia National Park 284 kilometers away
Photos of Bandipur
Accommodation choices for Bandipur
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Bandipur. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.