Visit Lumbini, Nepal
Lumbini is believed to be the birthplace of the Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama.
The Maya Devi Temple
The legend has it that his mother, Maya Devi, was passing through Lumbini when ten months pregnant, and upon stopping to bathe at a local beauty spot, gave birth to her child. The Maya Devi temple now stands on this spot.
Peaceful and without a great deal of tangible evidence to confirm the fact, save some ancient ruins and a pillar erected by Emperor Ashoka, it is the atmosphere of the town that makes a visit to this pilgrim site so worthwhile.
Whilst there are plans to develop the region on a grand scale, for the time being at least Lumbini remains untouched and unspoilt.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Map of Lumbini
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Lumbini
- Pokhara 108 kilometers away
- Dhampus 108 kilometers away
- Birethanti 111 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 112 kilometers away
- Tanchock 114 kilometers away
- Seti River 116 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 121 kilometers away
- Bandipur 123 kilometers away
- Annapurna 137 kilometers away
- Kurintar 141 kilometers away
- Terai 174 kilometers away
- Bardia National Park 194 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 205 kilometers away
- Kathmandu Valley 211 kilometers away
- Bhaktapur 215 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 225 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 227 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Lumbini
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Lumbini. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Buddha Maya GardenLumbini