Visit Bhaktapur, Nepal
Bhaktapur lies only a short distance from the capital, but it could be another planet, so great is the difference in the atmosphere and sense of history. It really feels, despite the gradual encroachment of satellite dishes, that little has changed here for centuries.
There are so many points of interest between the focal centers of Durbar Square, Taumadhi Square and Dattatraya Square that it would be impossible to detail them all.
A stroll through the town at a leisurely pace, however, will leave you with a sense of awe and enchantment at the beautifully preserved setting, which nevertheless has a prosaic life of its own.
Suggested itineraries featuring Bhaktapur
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Bhaktapur, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Bhaktapur
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Bhaktapur
- Kathmandu Valley 5 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 11 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 12 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 14 kilometers away
- Terai 75 kilometers away
- Kurintar 83 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 96 kilometers away
- Bandipur 104 kilometers away
- Seti River 109 kilometers away
- Mende 125 kilometers away
- Namche Bazaar 128 kilometers away
- Monjo 128 kilometers away
- Lukla 129 kilometers away
- Tashinga 131 kilometers away
- Pangboche 137 kilometers away
- Everest Base Camp 145 kilometers away
- The Everest region 152 kilometers away
- Pokhara 155 kilometers away
- Tanchock 167 kilometers away
- Dhampus 169 kilometers away
- Birethanti 169 kilometers away
- Annapurna 174 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 177 kilometers away
- Lumbini 215 kilometers away
- Bardia National Park 388 kilometers away
Photos of Bhaktapur
Accommodation choices for Bhaktapur
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Bhaktapur. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Bhadgaon Guest House is located right on one of Bhaktapur's main squares and is great for exploring the city. The hotel features simple but comfortable guest rooms that are built in a traditional Newari style with plenty of character.
Hotel Heritage in Bhaktapur is an authentic experience of Nepal's ancient cultural heritage.