Visit Birethanti, Nepal
Birethanti is a small village set at the foot of the Modi Khola Valley at around 1,100 meters. The village was one of the main stops on the Annapurna Circuit treks, but since the road has been built within a few hours' walk its importance has waned.
It still has many small tea shops and souvenir sellers, even though it is not the thriving trekkers' center it once was.
A wander round it will reveal the lives of the local people and you may well see the mule trains being driven from here up the valley, supplying less well connected villages with goods.
Suggested itineraries featuring Birethanti
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Birethanti, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Birethanti
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Birethanti
- Dhampus less than 5 kilometers away
- Tanchock less than 5 kilometers away
- Ghandruk 9 kilometers away
- Pokhara 16 kilometers away
- Annapurna 26 kilometers away
- Bandipur 69 kilometers away
- Seti River 69 kilometers away
- Kurintar 89 kilometers away
- Chitwan National Park 111 kilometers away
- Lumbini 111 kilometers away
- Kathmandu 158 kilometers away
- Kathmandu Valley 166 kilometers away
- Bhaktapur 169 kilometers away
- Terai 170 kilometers away
- Nagarkot 175 kilometers away
- Dhulikhel 182 kilometers away
- Bardia National Park 228 kilometers away
- Mende 281 kilometers away
- Namche Bazaar 284 kilometers away
- Tashinga 286 kilometers away
- Monjo 286 kilometers away
- Lukla 289 kilometers away
- Pangboche 292 kilometers away
- Everest Base Camp 294 kilometers away
- The Everest region 301 kilometers away
Photos of Birethanti
Accommodation choices for Birethanti
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Birethanti. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Well named Sanctuary Lodge lies surrounded by a colorful, blooming garden and spacious lawns, overlooking the river. Ten simple rooms have warm comfortable beds and down jackets for your use, there is also a fantastic bar area complete with central fireplace.