The Oyster Box
The Oyster Box is set right on the beachfront at Umhlanga in the shadow of a lighthouse. The dramatic setting is complemented by Mediterranean-style architecture of gently sloping roofs and arched gables.
The rooms are set among pretty gardens, and are decorated in a simple, comfortable style, with parquet floors, and bold patterns with a slightly Art Deco feel. If you don't want to swim in the sea, there is a pool with wonderful views over the beach. A bar and restaurant serve excellent seafood.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of The Oyster Box
Tour ideas in Durban
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at The Oyster Box as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
South AfricaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Durban and nearby places
- Umhlanga Rocks less than 5 kilometers away
- The South Coast 77 kilometers away
- The Midlands 96 kilometers away
- The Drakensberg 166 kilometers away
- The Battlefields 159 kilometers away
- Spioenkop 194 kilometers away
- Hluhluwe-IMfolozi Game Reserve 186 kilometers away
- Thanda Safari Private Game Reserve 227 kilometers away
- Port St Johns 258 kilometers away
- iSimangaliso Wetland Park 234 kilometers away