Situated on Florida's sunny Gulf Coast, and easily accessed from Southwest Florida Regional Airport, Fort Myers is popular for its beaches, fishing and shopping.
The downtown area on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River offers restaurants, boutique shopping and the opportunity to visit the fascinating winter estates of inventors Thomas Edison and Thomas Ford.
Heading away from the bustling downtown, the coastal area around Fort Myers Beach is separated from the mainland by the San Carlos Bay and is haven for local wildlife. The pristine white sands of Lovers Key State Park off excellent opportunities for hiking and there are some great beach-side properties for those looking for a relaxing stay.
Fort Myers Beach is also the departure point for the Key West Express ferry service which takes you to the southernmost point of both Florida and the US in just three and a half hours.
Map of Fort Myers
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Fort Myers
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 34 kilometers away
- Naples 57 kilometers away
- Sarasota 101 kilometers away
- Anna Maria Island 128 kilometers away
- Florida 136 kilometers away
- Tampa 157 kilometers away
- Clearwater 174 kilometers away
- Miami 194 kilometers away
- Orlando 217 kilometers away
- Islamorada 229 kilometers away
- Cape Canaveral 232 kilometers away
- Key West 233 kilometers away
- Crystal River 262 kilometers away
- St. Augustine 367 kilometers away
- Fernandina Beach 450 kilometers away