One of the largest cities in the state, Orlando is recognized as the theme park capital of the world and is now established as one of the most visited cities in the country.
Located in the center of Florida, the city initially flourished from the citrus industry, only starting to emerge as a popular resort after the war. The starting point for Orlando’s transformation came with the development of Walt Disney World in 1971 and the many famous attractions that quickly followed. Along with Disney World, Universal Studios, and Wet 'n Wild are the city's most popular attractions and contribute to Orlando’s relaxed, youthful feel.
Alongside the theme parks the city offers an abundance of large hotels, shopping malls and golf courses together with an array of day tours and excursions that cater for all ages.
Map of Orlando
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Orlando
- Cape Canaveral 78 kilometers away
- Florida 82 kilometers away
- Tampa 124 kilometers away
- Crystal River 125 kilometers away
- St. Augustine 152 kilometers away
- Clearwater 153 kilometers away
- Anna Maria Island 175 kilometers away
- Sarasota 176 kilometers away
- Fort Myers 217 kilometers away
- Fernandina Beach 238 kilometers away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 244 kilometers away
- Naples 270 kilometers away
- Jekyll Island 282 kilometers away
- Miami 330 kilometers away
- Tallahassee 352 kilometers away
- Savannah 396 kilometers away
- Islamorada 410 kilometers away
- Key West 445 kilometers away
- Panama City Beach 467 kilometers away
Photos of Orlando
Accommodation choices for Orlando
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Orlando. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.