The gentle, unhurried panoramas of the Laurentian Mountains unfold to the north of Montréal, sprinkled with lakes and picturesque villages.
Despite the recent blossoming of ski resorts, such as Mont St. Sauveur and Mont-Tremblant, the land has remained generally untouched.
Activities in the Laurentian Mountains
The magnificent scenery makes a perfect backdrop for many outdoor pursuits, including hiking, fishing, kayaking and swimming. For cyclists, the 200 kilometer-long P’tit Train du Nord Linear Park is the perfect trail along the route of a former railway line.
We have discovered some wonderful places to stay that make great bases from which to explore this sublime landscape.
Map of Laurentian Mountains
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Laurentian Mountains
- Mont-Tremblant less than 5 miles away
- Montréal 70 miles away
- Ottawa 75 miles away
- Mastigouche Wildlife Reserve 76 miles away
- Eastern Townships 158 miles away
- Québec City 168 miles away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 187 miles away
- Prince Edward County 198 miles away
- Haliburton 204 miles away
- Huntsville 230 miles away
- La Malbaie 234 miles away
- Charlevoix & Saguenay - Lac St. Jean 238 miles away
- Gravenhurst 248 miles away
- Port Severn 265 miles away
- Québec 284 miles away
- Toronto 292 miles away
- Niagara-on-the-Lake 299 miles away
Accommodation choices for Laurentian Mountains
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Laurentian Mountains. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.