Visit Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
Set on Lake Ontario and the Niagara River, historic Niagara-on-the-Lake is a small but captivating town of historic buildings, festooned with flowers.
The town was once the capital of the colony of Upper Canada, and the reconstructed Fort George National Historic Site, was the British military headquarters.
Shaw Festival Theatre
Many come to Niagara-on-the-Lake for the well-regarded Shaw Festival Theatre, and the area is known for its wineries, many of which offer tours and tastings. Excursions include thrilling jet-boat rides on the Niagara River or gentle bike rides along scenic trails that follow the river.
Suggested itinerary featuring Niagara-on-the-Lake
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Niagara-on-the-Lake
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Niagara Falls 12 miles away
- Toronto 32 miles away
- Prince Edward County 106 miles away
- Port Severn 112 miles away
- Gravenhurst 116 miles away
- Haliburton 127 miles away
- Goderich and Lake Huron 137 miles away
- Huntsville 144 miles away
- Algonquin Provincial Park 178 miles away
- Bruce Peninsula & Fathom Five National Marine Park 183 miles away
- Tobermory 189 miles away
- Pelee Island 209 miles away
- Ottawa 225 miles away
- Killarney Provincial Park 228 miles away
- Manitoulin Island 235 miles away
- Laurentian Mountains 299 miles away
- Mont-Tremblant 299 miles away
Photos of Niagara-on-the-Lake
Accommodation choices for Niagara-on-the-Lake
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Niagara-on-the-Lake. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Set in the lush green town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, historic Antique Slumber B&B offers an intimate base from which to explore this charming Victorian town, or head further afield to Niagara Falls itself.
Lying close to the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, Shaw Club Hotel provides the service of a private club with the convenience of a downtown hotel. You can expect plenty of amenities and clean, modern rooms, all in a great location for exploring the town.