Nestled amid green vineyards and ancient olive groves in the foothills of the Supramonte mountains, Su Gologone Experience Hotel overflows with Sardinian character, while never compromising on the small comforts. First opened in 1967 as a restaurant offering authentic local dishes, over the decades it has expanded into a hotel that features regional crafts. The white-washed walls of the public areas and all 65 rooms are enlivened by vibrant tassels, eye-catching textiles, hand-thrown pottery, and paintings by local artists. Each year the owners choose a new theme for the art in the hotel, so each visit is a happy surprise.
The restaurant is casual and exquisite — dishes use ingredients grown in the hotel grounds and served by the light of lanterns hanging from olive trees. You can choose to relax in the spa, take part in artistic workshops, admire the view from the spring-fed pool, or learn to make traditional bread with the hotel baker.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Su Gologone Experience Hotel
We love this hotel for its combination of playful whimsy and serious dedication to local character. From the trim on your linens to the food on your plate, we think Su Gologone embodies Sardinia.
Reflecting the hotel’s artistic style, each of the 64 rooms and suites is entirely unique, with its own art and decor. They do, however, share the same rustic charm, with white-washed walls, dark-wood furniture, and traditional Sardinian fabrics. You can choose from an array of room types ranging from standard to the frankly lavish Art Studio Suite, which boasts its own private rose garden and outdoor double bath. Or, if you stay in the Experience Suite, you can admire the herb garden from an outdoor tub. Most rooms have mountain views from a private terrace.
Located near the east coast of the island, Oliena is tucked away in the foothills of the Supramonte range, surrounded by olive groves and vineyards. You can reach the hotel via a two-hour drive from Cagliari or just over an hour from Olbia.
Food and drink
- Nido del Pane serves traditional Sardinian cuisine on the terrace.
- During the summer, the 18th-century courtyard hosts a banquet once a week.
- Magico Tablao Bar offers evening drinks and light bites of Sardinian antipasti on its terrace.
- Under the Pool Gazebo offers casual snacks and drinks throughout the day.
- Learn centuries-old techniques in the Bread’s Nest.
- Some rooms are able to accommodate extra beds for children.
- A small playground.
- Child-friendly menus.
Facilities and activities
- Regular artistic and craft workshops and demonstrations.
- Spring-fed swimming pool.
- Terrace of Wishes where you can write your life’s wishes down and deposit them in a giant urn.
- Terrace of Dreams has an uninterrupted view of the night sky.
- Yoga classes.
- Small fitness area.
- Spa with massage, beauty, and relaxation treatments.