Mkulumadzi is located in a private concession area within the Majete Wildlife Reserve. A luxurious lodge, it has eight beautiful chalets tucked into the riverine forest of marula, leadwood and star chestnut trees.
Each chalet has a spacious bedroom and lounge area, en suite bathroom with sunken bath and outdoor shower. All have private decks with stunning views of the Shire River. The main lodge houses a restaurant with inside and outside dining areas, lounge and terrace, bar, small shop, and swimming pool.
Activities from the lodge include game-drives, boating safaris, bush walks, hiking up Majete Hill, rhino tracking, cultural tours, birding trips on the Shire River and to nearby Elephant Marsh and game-viewing from a hide. As the lodge is situated within its own private concession area guests rarely see other vehicles and the feel is one of exclusivity and privacy.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mkulumadzi
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Majete Wildlife Reserve and nearby places
- Thyolo Region 33 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 49 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 76 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 125 miles away
- Lilongwe 143 miles away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 206 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 261 miles away
- Lake Malawi 289 miles away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 299 miles away
- The Northern Lakeshore 311 miles away