Mkulumadzi is located in a private concession area within the Majete Wildlife Reserve. A luxurious lodge, it has eight beautiful chalets tucked into the riverine forest of marula, leadwood and star chestnut trees.
Each chalet has a spacious bedroom and lounge area, en suite bathroom with sunken bath and outdoor shower. All have private decks with stunning views of the Shire River. The main lodge houses a restaurant with inside and outside dining areas, lounge and terrace, bar, small shop, and swimming pool.
Activities from the lodge include game-drives, boating safaris, bush walks, hiking up Majete Hill, rhino tracking, cultural tours, birding trips on the Shire River and to nearby Elephant Marsh and game-viewing from a hide. As the lodge is situated within its own private concession area guests rarely see other vehicles and the feel is one of exclusivity and privacy.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 540
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Mkulumadzi
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Majete Wildlife Reserve and nearby places
- Thyolo Region 33 miles away
- Zomba Plateau 49 miles away
- Liwonde National Park 76 miles away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 125 miles away
- Lilongwe 143 miles away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 206 miles away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 261 miles away
- Lake Malawi 289 miles away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 299 miles away
- The Northern Lakeshore 311 miles away