Mkulumadzi is located in a private concession area within the Majete Wildlife Reserve. A luxurious lodge, it has eight beautiful chalets tucked into the riverine forest of marula, leadwood and star chestnut trees.
Each chalet has a spacious bedroom and lounge area, en suite bathroom with sunken bath and outdoor shower. All have private decks with stunning views of the Shire River. The main lodge houses a restaurant with inside and outside dining areas, lounge and terrace, bar, small shop, and swimming pool.
Activities from the lodge include game-drives, boating safaris, bush walks, hiking up Majete Hill, rhino tracking, cultural tours, birding trips on the Shire River and to nearby Elephant Marsh and game-viewing from a hide. As the lodge is situated within its own private concession area guests rarely see other vehicles and the feel is one of exclusivity and privacy.
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Malawi specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mkulumadzi
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Majete Wildlife Reserve and nearby places
- Thyolo Region 52 kilometers away
- Zomba Plateau 79 kilometers away
- Liwonde National Park 122 kilometers away
- The Southern Lakeshore & Cape Maclear 202 kilometers away
- Lilongwe 230 kilometers away
- Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve 330 kilometers away
- Likoma Island & Mozambique Lakeshore 419 kilometers away
- Lake Malawi 464 kilometers away
- Viphya Forest Mountains 482 kilometers away
- The Northern Lakeshore 500 kilometers away