Visit Devonport, New Zealand
With a distinctly historical flavor, Devonport is a quaint 19th century village ten minutes by the North Shore ferry to the center of Auckland.
Now an established suburb, it retains many well-preserved timber Victorian and Edwardian buildings, transformed into brasserie-style restaurants, cafés, art galleries and enchanting homes, many with stunning views over Waitemata Harbour to Auckland’s central business district.
It is a wonderful place to visit on a morning or afternoon excursion, but — with a number of great boutique hotels — can also be a quiet and rewarding out-of-center city base.
Map of Devonport
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Devonport
- Auckland less than 5 miles away
- Waiheke Island 14 miles away
- Warkworth 31 miles away
- Waikato 39 miles away
- Thames & Kauaeranga Valley 48 miles away
- Coromandel Peninsula 55 miles away
- Great Barrier Island 56 miles away
- Tauranga 97 miles away
- Waitomo 101 miles away
- The Kauri Coast 105 miles away
- Bay of Plenty 110 miles away
- Paihia 114 miles away
- Russell 115 miles away
- Bay of Islands 119 miles away
- Kerikeri 121 miles away
- Rotorua 121 miles away
- Matauri Bay 133 miles away
- Lake Taupo 147 miles away
- Taranaki & New Plymouth 160 miles away
- North Island 161 miles away
- Tongariro National Park 172 miles away
- 90 Mile Beach & Cape Reinga 176 miles away
- Whanganui National Park 216 miles away
- Napier 218 miles away
- Eastland & Gisborne 218 miles away
- Hastings 225 miles away
- Hawke's Bay 225 miles away
- The Kapiti Coast 281 miles away
- Collingwood & Farewell Spit 290 miles away
- Greytown 297 miles away
Photos of Devonport
Accommodation choices for Devonport
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Devonport. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Peace & Plenty is a magnificently restored Victorian villa, situated in an unbeatable waterfront location in the heart of the historic maritime village of Devonport.