Quinault is a tiny settlement perched on the shores of magnificent, glacier-fed Lake Quinault, itself on the edge of Olympic National Park.
The village and lake are surrounded by the mossy, old-growth trees of the Quinault Rainforest, known as the Valley of the Giants. Here you will find the largest Sitka spruce in the world along with enormous examples of hemlock, Douglas fir and the mighty western red cedar.
Miles of walking trails, swimming, boating and fishing are all easily available whilst a 30 mile drive takes you around the lake and into the southern end of Olympic National Park. Roosevelt elk, black tail deer, raccoons, cougar, bald eagles, bobcats and black bears thrive here so do keep a look out when exploring.
Map of Quinault
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Quinault
- Lake Crescent 42 miles away
- Port Angeles 49 miles away
- Seattle 72 miles away
- Mount Rainier National Park 109 miles away
- Cannon Beach 110 miles away
- Mount St. Helens 118 miles away
- Portland 146 miles away
- Washington State 181 miles away
- Newport, Oregon 196 miles away
- Bend (Sisters) 246 miles away
- Oregon 295 miles away