Visit Grand Junction, USA
Grand Junction, a thriving town lying between fertile mountain valleys and open desert, owes its existence to the railway that was built here in the 1880s. The heart of the town is packed with tree-lined boulevards and a sculpture-adorned shopping district.
Grand Junction, USA
Grand Junction, a thriving town lying between fertile mountain valleys and open desert, owes its existence to the railway that was built here in the 1880s. Today the oil and gas industries are the main employers, and the heart of the town is packed with tree-lined boulevards and a sculpture-adorned shopping district.
Grand Junction lies close to the Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness Area but the highlight of any stay is the nearby Colorado National Monument. Here more than 200 million years of wind and water erosion have gouged out brightly coloured rock spires, arches, domes, pedestals and balanced rocks along a line of stunning cliffs. The warm reds, oranges and purples of the rock contrast beautifully with the arid vegetation of pine, yucca and sagebrush making it a very photogenic region.
Suggested Grand Junction itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Grand Junction, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Grand Junction
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Grand Junction
- Arches National Park 61 miles away
- Moab 64 miles away
- Telluride 88 miles away
- Canyonlands National Park 88 miles away
- Vail 124 miles away
- Mesa Verde National Park 127 miles away
- Durango 129 miles away
- Utah 154 miles away
- Torrey 164 miles away
- Colorado 165 miles away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 166 miles away
- Alamosa 183 miles away
- Estes Park 185 miles away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 187 miles away
- Denver 197 miles away
- Colorado Springs 202 miles away
- Salt Lake City 213 miles away
- Page 218 miles away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 222 miles away
- Zion National Park 274 miles away
- Santa Fe 275 miles away
- Grand Canyon National Park 284 miles away
- Albuquerque 295 miles away