The Silver Cloud was the ship that launched Silversea as a world-leading luxury cruise brand. It was completely overhauled into an expedition vessel in 2017, which has produced one of the most luxurious and yet expedition-focused experiences you can find. She can also cruise at 18 knots, which makes a huge difference to what you can see on your expedition.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 615
- Make an enquiry
The Silver Cloud started life as the flagship cruiser operated by Silversea. She relaunched in 2017 as an expedition vessel after a complete overhaul, where nothing was left untouched. A new bow lets the ship cut through the waves with ease, and the reinforced hull makes her one of the best ships to navigate through ice. On top of these changes, a new observation lounge graces the top deck, and all the suites have been renovated to a high standard.
Silversea prides itself on personal service to the degree the crew will take pains to learn your name. There’s also a Relais & Châteaux restaurant on board, but this is very much an expedition vessel. You’ll have two landings a day (conditions permitting), and a host of specialists to inform you as you go along.
These are the most spacious cabins in the expedition fleet, ranging from 22–122 sq m, most with balconies. You’ll also find walk-in wardrobes and particularly comfortable beds (which can be twin or double). The Royal Suite at the front of the ship, with its twin views, is the most luxurious option, and the Veranda Suites represent probably the best value.
- Buffet breakfast served in La Terrazza restaurant
- À la carte lunch in La Terrazza, the main restaurant or at the Grill bar on deck (weather permitting)
- Buffet dinner in La Terrazza, or à la carte in the main restaurant, at the Grill bar on deck (weather permitting) or at La Dame by Relais & Châteaux (for a small surcharge)
- Food isn’t served to set times, so you can eat at your leisure
- Meals can be ordered to your suite
- Bar serving all-day snacks, tea and coffee
- Antarctic Peninsula
- Buenos Aires with the Falklands and Antarctica
- The Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica
- East coast of Africa
- Daily landings
- Zodiac cruising
- Wildlife viewing
- On-board lectures
- Photography trips
- Four restaurants
- Spa, pool and hot tubs
- Butler service
- Cabin service
- Observation deck
- Medical clinic
- Lecture theatre (inc. audio-visual facilities)
- Internet (depending on location)
- Laundry service