Mungumby Lodge is a private wilderness retreat situated on the edge of the majestic, million hectare Greater Daintree National Park and 17 miles south of Cooktown.
The lodge consists of just ten wooden en suite bungalows and a large spacious main building with a wide open living area located on the edge of Mungumby Creek and surrounded by lush tropical rainforest.
Service is unobtrusive but attentive, and you can expect warm 'Aussie' hospitality during your stay as well as gourmet country cooking using fresh local produce.
The lodge is perfect for relaxing by the pool or enjoying a good book in the comfortable lounge, but the real attraction is the proximity of the pristine world heritage listed wilderness. Within walking distance you will have opportunities to swim in jungle waterfalls, observe an astonishing array of wildlife or perhaps relive the area's colorful history in the Lions Den, a local Australian pub built in 1875.
As well as exploring the area's numerous walking trails, World Heritage Listed rainforests and historic mining sites, the lodge also organizes safari tours to Aboriginal rock art sites, deserted beaches and remote rainforest environments with knowledgeable and experienced guides.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Mungumby Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Cooktown and nearby places
- Daintree Rainforest & Cape Tribulation 74 kilometers away
- Lizard Island 105 kilometers away
- Port Douglas 102 kilometers away
- Palm Cove 136 kilometers away
- Cairns 158 kilometers away
- Atherton Tablelands 186 kilometers away
- Orpheus Island 362 kilometers away
- Airlie Beach 636 kilometers away
- The Whitsunday Islands 655 kilometers away
- Hamilton Island 658 kilometers away