Stretching across the northern coast of France, Normandy has long been a strategic location and its landscape is strewn with historic sites. Our specialists know the region well and can help you decide where to go, depending on your interests. Whether you wish to explore the island monastery of Mont Saint-Michel, see the story of William of Normandy’s conquest of England embroidered on the Bayeux Tapestry or visit medieval, half-timbered Rouen, our specialists can help you make the most of your time here.
We’ve explored Normandy's main highlights as well as its lesser-known ones and will carefully plan your vacation as an individual trip, tailored to your preferences. Along the way, we can help you discover key sights such as the beaches where the D-Day landings took place and the military cemeteries that remain as testament to this pivotal but brutal time in the region's history. We’ll also introduce you to charming little towns such as Honfleur and the region's rich tradition of cheese and cider making.
Places to visit in Normandy
Featuring heavily on our experiences of visiting Normandy, these selected places are destinations that also prove consistently popular with our travelers. Our specialists can help you choose how to include them in your wider trip, based on your preferences.
Suggested itineraries featuring Normandy
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Normandy, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Normandy
Places & hotels on the map
Places in and around Normandy
- Bayeux Normandy
- Honfleur Normandy
- Mont Saint-Michel Normandy
- Rouen Normandy
- Paris 159 kilometers away
- The Loire Valley 161 kilometers away
- Château de Chambord 173 kilometers away
- Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire 174 kilometers away
- Château de Villandry 174 kilometers away
- Amboise 175 kilometers away
- Château de Cheverny 181 kilometers away
- Château d'Azay-le-Rideau 182 kilometers away
- Château de Chenonceau 186 kilometers away
- Chinon 191 kilometers away
- Dordogne 443 kilometers away
- Saint-Émilion 446 kilometers away
- Sarlat-la-Canéda 452 kilometers away
- Bordeaux 454 kilometers away
- Beynac-et-Cazenac 456 kilometers away
- La Roque-Gageac 458 kilometers away
- Castelnaud-la-Chapelle 459 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Normandy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Normandy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Normandy
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Normandy, and which use the best local guides.