Dating back to the Chandela dynasty, this complex of 21 exquisite stone-carved temples is mainly famed for its Kama Sutra decorations.
Intricate carvings from the 10th and 11th centuries cover every pillar from plinth to spire and depict battles, heavenly nymphs, banquets, musicians and, of course, erotic figures.
Khajuraho's isolated position saved it from desecration by Muslim invaders, but air travel brings it within easy reach: it is just an hour's flight from Delhi.
Suggested itinerary featuring Khajuraho
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Khajuraho, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Khajuraho
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Khajuraho
- Panna National Park 29 kilometers away
- Orchha 142 kilometers away
- Bandhavgarh National Park 146 kilometers away
- Gwalior 233 kilometers away
- Chambal Sanctuary 255 kilometers away
- Satpura National Park 309 kilometers away
- Varanasi 314 kilometers away
- Agra 323 kilometers away
- Kanha National Park 337 kilometers away
- Fatehpur Sikri 338 kilometers away
- Ramathra 356 kilometers away
- Bharatpur and Keoladeo Ghana National Park 360 kilometers away
- Pench Tiger Reserve 362 kilometers away
- Ranthambhore National Park 369 kilometers away
- Bundi 438 kilometers away
- Bhainsrorgarh 443 kilometers away
- Jaipur 473 kilometers away
Photos of Khajuraho
Accommodation choices for Khajuraho
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Khajuraho. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.