Nature Lodge is a beautiful property set high on the hills just 2 km south of Joffreville. Fantastic views out over Diego and the Indian Ocean contribute in making this a tranquil setting, an ideal place to enjoy a couple of nights.
The 12 thatched chalets are very cozy and once inside there is a feeling of being inside a Swiss mountain cabin. Each room has been simply furnished with double or twin beds all with mosquito nets and en suite bathrooms. In front of every chalet is a small deck — a perfect spot for enjoying the evening sunsets and views of the rolling hills down to the bay. From the chalets guests can stroll up to the main lodge along pathways lit by twinkling lanterns winding through the gardens of bougainvillea and palms.
Although it is a little cool in the evenings to eat outside, the terrace is a wonderful spot for an early evening drink, before retiring indoors to the small, but sociable bar. Next to the bar, the restaurant serves delicious food, a mixture of traditional Malagasy and French. The Malagasy dish Hena-Rita is particularly popular with the Audley team, though we'd suggest that the traditional flavored rums are only for the adventurous!
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Madagascar specialists
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Nature Lodge
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Joffreville Ambohitra and nearby places
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 20 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 6 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 63 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 95 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 153 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 157 kilometers away
- Ankify 163 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 183 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 341 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 349 kilometers away