Ankify is a small fishing and farming village on the north-eastern tip of Madagascar.
The area is known for having a number of plantations — cocoa, vanilla and ylang ylang.
Road to Ankify
The road to Ankify is potholed and rough, making this a remote destination that few people visit. Passing through villages on the way into Ankify you see makeshift markets with wooden tables piled high with rice, peppers and fruit and vegetables. People, zebu, chickens and ducks are all over the road. There is always something to see.
Beaches of Ankify
Ankify itself is a small village with thatched huts under tropical vegetation. There is a simple but busy port, from which a number of boats sail across to Nosy Be. On either side of the village there are a number of sandy beaches behind which some small simple hotels have been built. The beaches here are flat and the water goes a long way out at low tide. As they only shelve very gradually swimming can be restricted at low tide. We therefore recommend this area for a few nights stay, perhaps on your way to one of the islands, or coming from the islands to the mainland.
Suggested itinerary featuring Ankify
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Ankify, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Ankify
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ankify
- Nosy Komba 10 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 26 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 28 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 76 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 107 kilometers away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 144 kilometers away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 149 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 159 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 202 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 256 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 264 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 298 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 410 kilometers away
Photos of Ankify
Accommodation choices for Ankify
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ankify. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Baobab Ankify lies away from the hustle and bustle of the village, a few minutes' drive south of Ankify. It's a particularly welcoming place to arrive in after a long journey through the countryside.