Ankify is a small fishing and farming village on the north-eastern tip of Madagascar.
The area is known for having a number of plantations — cocoa, vanilla and ylang ylang.
Road to Ankify
The road to Ankify is potholed and rough, making this a remote destination that few people visit. Passing through villages on the way into Ankify you see makeshift markets with wooden tables piled high with rice, peppers and fruit and vegetables. People, zebu, chickens and ducks are all over the road. There is always something to see.
Beaches of Ankify
Ankify itself is a small village with thatched huts under tropical vegetation. There is a simple but busy port, from which a number of boats sail across to Nosy Be. On either side of the village there are a number of sandy beaches behind which some small simple hotels have been built. The beaches here are flat and the water goes a long way out at low tide. As they only shelve very gradually swimming can be restricted at low tide. We therefore recommend this area for a few nights stay, perhaps on your way to one of the islands, or coming from the islands to the mainland.
Map of Ankify
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ankify
- Nosy Komba 6 miles away
- Baobab Beach 16 miles away
- Nosy Be 18 miles away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 47 miles away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 67 miles away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 90 miles away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 93 miles away
- Northern Madagascar 99 miles away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 126 miles away
- Maroantsetra 159 miles away
- Nosy Mangabe 164 miles away
- Masoala National Park 185 miles away
- Île Sainte-Marie 255 miles away
Photos of Ankify
Accommodation choices for Ankify
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ankify. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.