Nosy Komba is a beautiful island a few kilometers away from Nosy Be, placed on the map for its population of habituated black lemurs.
Hills fold dramatically into the water, creating sandy coves and sheltered harbors for fishing villages. The island’s main settlement is Ampangorinana, where the villagers have a keen eye for business: the dusty lanes are lined with embroidered tablecloths, woven baskets and wood carvings. Out of the village island life is quiet.
There are numerous deserted coves to explore as well as paths that lead through tavy farms and into the hills where you will find birds, chameleons and black lemurs: best of all, you’ll have them all to yourself.
Suggested itinerary featuring Nosy Komba
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Nosy Komba, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Nosy Komba
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nosy Komba
- Ankify 6 miles away
- Nosy Be 12 miles away
- Baobab Beach 17 miles away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 42 miles away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 64 miles away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 86 miles away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 89 miles away
- Northern Madagascar 96 miles away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 130 miles away
- Maroantsetra 164 miles away
- Nosy Mangabe 170 miles away
- Masoala National Park 191 miles away
- Île Sainte-Marie 261 miles away
Photos of Nosy Komba
Accommodation choices for Nosy Komba
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nosy Komba. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.