Nosy Komba is a beautiful island a few kilometers away from Nosy Be, placed on the map for its population of habituated black lemurs.
Hills fold dramatically into the water, creating sandy coves and sheltered harbors for fishing villages. The island’s main settlement is Ampangorinana, where the villagers have a keen eye for business: the dusty lanes are lined with embroidered tablecloths, woven baskets and wood carvings. Out of the village island life is quiet.
There are numerous deserted coves to explore as well as paths that lead through tavy farms and into the hills where you will find birds, chameleons and black lemurs: best of all, you’ll have them all to yourself.
Map of Nosy Komba
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nosy Komba
- Ankify 10 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 19 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 28 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 68 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 103 kilometers away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 138 kilometers away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 143 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 153 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 208 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 264 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 273 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 306 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 419 kilometers away
Photos of Nosy Komba
Accommodation choices for Nosy Komba
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nosy Komba. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.