Visit Nosy Mitsio Archipelago, Madagascar
The Nosy Mitsio Archipelago lies 70 kilometers north of Nosy Be and is only accessible by boat.
Wildlife of Nosy Mitsio Archipelago
Skimming over the water you often glimpse bottle nosed dolphins and green turtles but the arrival is even more breathtaking, as you slow amongst tiny tropical islands, lush with tropical vegetation and necklaced with powder-white beaches. Few parts of Madagascar suffer from any light pollution and this is no exception: at night the stars glitter brightly over the water.
The archipelago is made up of about a dozen islands. La Grande Mitsio is the largest island with the small farming villages of Antakarana and Akalava. Tsarabanjina is beautiful with volcanic rocks, palms and badamier trees and four gently shelving beaches.
Nosy Ankarea is surrounded by coral reefs while Les Quatres Freres is made up of four imposing silver basalt rocks, covered by hundreds of nesting seabirds including brown boobies, northern gannets, frigate birds and white-tailed tropic birds.
Map of Nosy Mitsio Archipelago
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nosy Mitsio Archipelago
- Ankarana Special Reserve 58 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 59 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 68 kilometers away
- Ankify 76 kilometers away
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 77 kilometers away
- Joffreville Ambohitra 82 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 91 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 91 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 274 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 306 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 314 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 344 kilometers away
- Île Sainte-Marie 468 kilometers away
Photos of Nosy Mitsio Archipelago
Accommodation choices for Nosy Mitsio Archipelago
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Nosy Mitsio Archipelago. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Constance Tsarabanjina is an idyllic place to relax. The swimming from the beach is wonderful and the bungalows are supremely comfortable. Combining a stunning island location with laid-back luxury, this is a great choice for those seeking to get away from it all.