Visit Joffreville Ambohitra, Madagascar
Joffreville Ambohitra, Madagascar
Joffreville is a village situated about four kilometers from the entrance to the Amber Mountain National Park.
It used to be a French colonial town but when the French left local Malagasy moved here, and made use of many of the ex-colonial buildings which still remain. Now the population of Joffreville numbers around 2,000.
There are three hotels and a back-packers lodge, a scattering of very small local shops and a large old church. It is a nice place to wander about and see something of village life.
Small stalls sell the fruit that is in season (avocados and guavas in April, mangos and litchis in November, bananas all year round to name but a few) there are little bars with wooden benches and tin rooves, chickens and ducks all over the road and barefoot children.
Whilst life in Joffreville is a very sleepy little place it has some character accommodation and is only a 15 minute drive from the park (up a very pot-holed road).
Suggested itineraries featuring Joffreville Ambohitra
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Joffreville Ambohitra, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Joffreville Ambohitra
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Joffreville Ambohitra
- Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville 6 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 11 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 50 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 82 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 139 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 143 kilometers away
- Ankify 149 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 170 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 332 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 340 kilometers away
- Anjajavy Private Nature Reserve 351 kilometers away
- Masoala National Park 362 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Joffreville Ambohitra
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Joffreville Ambohitra. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is a warm, friendly and cozy lodge. The chalets are wonderful to snuggle up in after a day exploring Montagne d' Ambre.