This beautiful property was built in 1902 for Joffre, the Marchal of the town. Having stood empty for years, Herve has lovingly restored it to its former glory and into a boutique hotel.
The grand stairs lead into a hallway which is now an intimate dining area with whitewashed walls, minimal but beautiful carved wooden decorations, a fully stocked bar and small library and lounge off to the side. To the back of the house are the stable blocks that have been converted into five well-sized rooms. Each room has a double bed and en suite bathroom with large shower. The décor is elegant with striking colors contrasting with the white walls and simple but tasteful furnishings.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of The Litchi Tree
Tour ideas in Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at The Litchi Tree as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
MadagascarView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Amber Mountain National Park and Joffreville and nearby places
- Joffreville Ambohitra less than 5 kilometers away
- Northern Madagascar 11 kilometers away
- Ankarana Special Reserve 50 kilometers away
- Nosy Mitsio Archipelago 82 kilometers away
- Nosy Be 140 kilometers away
- Nosy Komba 144 kilometers away
- Ankify 149 kilometers away
- Baobab Beach 170 kilometers away
- Maroantsetra 332 kilometers away
- Nosy Mangabe 340 kilometers away